Hailed as one of the richest cities in the world, teaching in Abu Dhabi doesn’t just guarantee you tax-free salary; it also provides a wealth of opportunity for ambitious educators looking to develop professionally and explore the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi is a top teaching destination for thousands of expats largely due to the abundance of choice presented by this large, capital city. Teachers in Abu Dhabi can choose between international schools, which cater for the local population and expatriate students or state schools via the Licensed Teacher programme.
Work at nursery/kindergarten level, or in primary, middle or secondary school – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless.
Salary and benefits
- Teaching salary in Abu Dhabi typically ranges from 8000Dhs (£1300) and 15,000Dhs (£2400) per month, tax-free. Benefits normally include free accommodation, return flights, medical insurance and an end of contract bonus.
- The tax free salaries and school benefits mean teachers in Abu Dhabi can live comfortably and save money during their contract.
Requirements to teach in Abu Dhabi
- Teachers must be licenced and/or certified to teach in their current location, and be able to speak fluent English.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant subject.
- You usually need 2 years’ minimum teaching experience at the relevant level and in the relevant subject.
- Contract duration is two years.
About Abu Dhabi – the experience
Abu Dhabi unites old world charm with cosmopolitan sophistication to offer something for everyone.
You’ll find world-class leisure facilities situated amongst tranquil deserts and unspoiled beaches. The contrasts in scenery are significant and add to the country’s charm.
Wander through traditional, Arabian spice markets in guaranteed, year-round sunshine, and experience traditional Gulf cuisine which is fairly simple, consisting predominantly of rice and meat spiced with cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, pepper, turmeric and saffron.
Top 5 latest jobs.
Please contact us to discuss our latest roles which may be of interest to you.