Teachanywhere is proud to be a principle recruitment partner of one of the most prestigious educational reform programs in the world today - the Abu Dhabi Education Council’s (ADEC) Licenced Teacher Program.
With over 15 years of international recruitment experience and offices worldwide, Teachanywhere have recruited teachers from the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa to help implement ADEC’s New School Model.
The primary objective of this partnership is to place experienced and qualified teachers in Abu Dhabi so that they can help further improve the high quality education system and support the country’s growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for teachers looking to challenge their teaching skills and contribute towards the development of one of the world’s wealthiest and most economically auspicious Middle Eastern countries.
This prestigious government funded project offers highly competitive tax free salaries.
The ADEC New School Model
With 296 schools, teachers will be placed in one of three areas - Abu Dhabi city, Al Ain or Al Gharbia (the Western Region).
You will be teaching mostly local Emirati children and alongside other Western teachers, Emirati teachers and Arabic expatriate teachers.
Schools are divided into Kindergarten (Early Years), Cycle 1 (Primary), Cycle 2 (Middle School) and Cycle 3 (Secondary/High School). Some campuses are mixed with both a Kindergarten and Cycle 1 School and others schools may have their own campus; this will depend on the size and location of each school.
General class sizes are 15-30 students.
Teaching Levels and Subjects
Kindergarten level - you will be teaching English, Math and Science (plus other subjects as required) and co-teaching with a local Arabic teacher.
Cycle 1 -
you will be teaching English, Math and Science and will be in charge of your own classroom.
Cycle 2 -
you will be teaching English, Math or Science and will be in charge of your own classroom.
Cycle 3 -
you will teach only English and again will be in charge of your own classroom.
Salary and Teacher Benefits
ADEC’s salary scale is based on teacher qualifications and post qualifying teaching experience. It ranges from 12,300AED – 20,400AED per month. On average teachers will take home £2,200 - £3,400 per month. This figure will vary depending on exchange rates.
- Airfare – Yearly airfare covered for teacher, spouse and up to 3 dependents.
- Health Insurance – provided for teacher, spouse and up to 3 dependents.
- Accommodation – Provided and will vary dependent on family status. 20,000AED furniture
- allowance is provided if unfurnished.
- Working Week – Sunday through to Thursday working 35-40 hours per week.
- Teacher Holidays – These run similar to the United Kingdom with your summer break from mid-July to late August along with a break in December, April and there are also other National holidays.
- Contract Duration – 2 years
The following requirements are for all public school teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi. In order to get the appropriate work permit and visa, teachers need to meet the following requirements:
- Native English speaking fluency
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/PGCE or the equivalent
- Teaching Qualification (licenced/certified to teach in home state/country)
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience at the relevant level
Top 5 latest jobs.
Please contact us to discuss our latest roles which may be of interest to you.