Qatar offers teachers the opportunity to earn a competitive, tax-free salary and work at some of the best international schools in the Middle East; from those primarily attended by Qatar nationals to those almost exclusively for expatriates.
Qatar has heavily invested in its education system in recent years making it an extremely exciting choice for teachers looking to progress overseas.
Teaching jobs in Qatar range from kindergarten/nursery and primary through to middle and secondary school positions, in all subject areas and up to principal level.
Salary and benefits
Requirements to teach in Qatar
- Teaching salary in Qatar typically ranges from 9,000 – 14,000 QR/month (approximately $2,400 to $3,700) tax-free.
- The international benefits include free accommodation, return flights, medical insurance and professional development.
- Low cost of living applies, so your tax-free income status means that you will be able to live comfortably and save money.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant subject.
- You are typically required to have 2 years of relevant teaching experience.
- You must be licenced and/or certified.
- You must be a fluent, native English speaker.
About Qatar – the experience
Where old world traditions meet modern day amenities, teaching in Qatar gives you the opportunity to experience traditional hospitality and visit ancient sights from the Ottoman period as well as delight in modern entertainment such as shopping malls, museums and water sports.
Beautiful beaches attract tourists and the balance between the fast paced lifestyle found in Dubai and the traditional culture of somewhere like Jordan means you’re likely to find a place in Qatar to suit you.
Expect all year round sunshine and in the summer months, most schools begin their day early to avoid the afternoon heat.
Top 5 latest jobs.
Please contact us to discuss our latest roles which may be of interest to you.
View all jobs in Qatar